PREVENTION OF INFECTION : PRE AND POST SURGICAL RECOMMENDATIONS
In order to reduce the risk of infection and stimulate ideal healing, it is recommended to prepare your body for surgery. Here are the recommendations for the three days preceeding and the three days following the intervention:
1. Reduce, or ideally eliminate, consumption of sugar, alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, white flour and processed foods.
2. Ensure daily bowel movements. If bowel movement is slow, take one teaspoon of psyllium in one once of water twice a day: shake well and drink rapidly or supplement with 300mg magnesium citrate or chelate per meal. Try eating two whole organic kiwis per day; very effective to get things moving again!
3. Drink one to two liters of pure water every day.
4. Sleep at least 8 hours a day.
5. Supplement your diet with Nutribiotic Defenseplus : one capsule per meal two days before and 5 days after the surgery. Available on Amazon.ca.