Safe replacement of mercury dental amalgam

Our office is known throughout Quebec for the safe replacement of mercury dental amalgam fillings with safer, more biocompatible filling materials: CEREC inlays and crowns as well as composite fillings.

We adhere to the guidelines set forth by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology when drilling amalgam fillings in order to drastically reduce the exposure to toxic mercury vapor:

  • Rinsing and swallowing activated charcoal before the procedure
  • Isolation of the tooth with a non-latex rubber dam
  • Administration of sterile medical air to the nose while drilling
  • ‘Chunking’ of amalgam in large pieces
  • Cooling of amalgam with large amounts of water
  • Protection of eyes and clothing from particulate
  • Thorough rinsing of the mouth as soon as amalgams are removed
  • Complimentary vitamin C and Epsom salts for a detox bath
  • Office air mercury filtration 24/7.

For more information on our full protection, please contact us by phone: 514-747-4949 or email: info@sourirelarose.com.

WHY REPLACE MERCURY AMALGAM DENTAL FILLINGS ?

Here are the compiled results of six studies that were done in the USA, Canada, Denmark and Sweden on the symptoms reported by 1569 patients who had their mercury amalgam dental fillings replaced with non-mercury containing dental restorative materials.

To view a short film showing how mercury vapour – the most toxic form of mercury – continually escapes from dental amalgams, clic on this link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

% OF TOTAL

SYMPTOMS

# SUBJECTS

# HEALED OR IMPROVED

% HEALED OR IMPROVED

14%

Allergy

221

196

89%

5%

Anxiety

86

80

93%

5%

Bad temper

81

68

89%

6%

Bloating

88

70

88%

6%

Abnormal blood pressure

99

53

54%

5%

Chest pains

79

69

87%

22%

Depression

347

315

91%

22%

Dizziness

343

301

88%

45%

Fatigue

705

603

86%

15%

Gastro-intestinal problems

231

192

83%

8%

Gum problems

129

121

94%

34%

Headache

531

460

87%

3%

Migraines

45

39

87%

12%

Insomnia

187

146

78%

10%

Irregular heart beat

159

139

87%

8%

Irritability

132

119

90%

17%

Lack of concentration

270

216

80%

6%

Lack of energy

91

88

97%

17%

Memory loss

265

193

73%

17%

Metallic taste

260

247

95%

7%

Multiple Sclerosis

113

86

76%

8%

Muscle tremor

126

104

83%

10%

Nervousness

158

131

83%

8%

Numbness

118

97

82%

20%

Skin disorders

310

251

81%

9%

Sore throat

149

128

86%

6%

Tachycardia

97

68

70%

4%

Thyroid problems

56

44

79%

12%

Mouth ulcers

189

162

86%

7%

Urinary disorders

115

87

76%

29%

Vision problems

462

289

63%

(Reproduced from Bio-Probe Newsletter with permission.)

Are mercury dental fillings related to Fibromyalgia (FM)?

A study of 15 women suffering from fibromyalgia was done removing all dental metals and avoiding all sensitive metal contact for five years. 50% of the patients were cured of FM, 20% were better and 30% saw no change after 5 years. All women reported subjective health improvement following the study. (Stejskal V. Neuroend.Let. Vol.34 No6, 2013)

Can electrohepersensitivity be related to metals in the mouth?

More and more people are reporting negative health effects from exposure to electromagnetic fields, electronic appliances and mobile phone equipment. This condition is known as electroheypersensitivity.

And why are some people more affected than others? Doctors and researchers now associate these symptoms to heavy metal toxicity – often caused by the presence of metal dental fillings that may act like antennae or lightning rods to amplify dirty electricity.

It is therefore recommended to replace these metal fillings with safer non-metallic alternatives in order to prevent further intoxication and possibly reduce or eliminate the symptoms.

And since the most toxic metal used to fill teeth, mercury, becomes even more dangerous when heated and drilled by the dentist, it is crucial to protect the patient while replacing these fillings in order to avoid further contamination. The guidelines established by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology must be followed meticulously.

When we remove silver-mercury amalgam fillings, we always use activated charcoal, a nitrile dam, medical grade sterile air, disposable protective gowns, etc in order to reduce exposure to mercury vapour as much as humanly possible.

Our dearest objective is for you to regain your health and vitality. You can count on our experience and know-how to protect you properly.

LIENS - LINKS

http://maisonsaine.ca/electromagnetic-fields-how-to-protect-yourself/

http://www.emfsensitivity.org/MenuHeavyMetal2.html

http://prd34.blogspot.ca/2012/01/electrical-hypersensitivity-triggers.html

http://www.jydionne.com/electrosensibilite-comment-se-proteger/

http://www.electrical-sensitivity.info/cases/MarcMartin.html

MERCURY TESTING

Could you be mercury toxic? There are presently two very good tests to determine your level of toxicity:

1. The urine porphyrin test at Laboratoire Philippe Auguste in Paris (www.labbio.net); and

2. The Tri-Test atQuicksilver Scientific in the United States (www.quicksilverscientific.com).

The first test costs $117. USD . Simply mail a sample of your first morning urine in their special vial and test results are sent within a few weeks. This test evaluates long term mercury toxicity.

The second test measures your exposure levels and excretion abilities for the two main forms of mercury we are exposed to. It costs $275. USD. You send a sample of blood, urine and hair for analysis. Quicksilver also offers mercury detox products that are quite effective.

We provide our patients with a test kit for either of these labs. As dentists, we are not legally able to supervise systemic mercury detox programs but we can refer you to a competent health practitioner.